You heard right. Briggs & Stratton have released the new EXi engine which never needs an oil change. For the life of the engine, all you will need to do is check and add. No oil change needed.
The engine has been designed to keep the oil cool and clean, which in turn results in easier maintenance. Easy to maintain, easy to use, this engine is a fantastic innovation by Briggs & Stratton.
Some of the additional features are:
- This engine is the lightest in its class – under 9 kilos. So it’s super easy to maneuver.
- It features the ReadyStart Starting System where you just pull for power. No need to prime or choke the engine.
- No tools are required to change the air filter – it just snaps in and out.
- And if you’ve ever spilled fuel on your driveway or in your garage, you will really appreciate this: they redesigned the fuel neck. It’s angled to make filling up the tank easier, and it’s TWICE the size of traditional fuel fill necks
There are two major reasons consumers usually need to change their oil:
- Debris has gotten into the oil, causing it to get dirty, and dirty oil causes wear on the engine
- And through regular running of the engine, the oil heats up, causing it to breakdown and create sludge.
The Briggs & Stratton EXi engine uses an automotive style paper air cleaner element that features a press-fit element design to keep dirt out of the engine. And an improved oil fill tube with extended flange protects the tube from debris during routine oil checks.
Additionally, the Overhead Valve Design of the EXi engine, and its innovative scroll design and cooling package, means the engine runs cooler, reducing the oil temperature. And cooler oil means slower decay and breakdown of the oil.
Briggs & Stratton EXi Series Engines. Engines made easy. Just Check & Add™. Never Change the Oil.
You can view and purchase the EXi engine here: Briggs & Stratton EXi Engine